Why Choose a Career in Radio Sales at Max Media of Denver?
Respect, Compensation & Opportunity for growth in a Diverse & Vibrant Industry
Radio Sales Executives Earn Exceptional Compensation
If you like being fairly compensated for your efforts, then radio is a great career to consider. Of course, how much money you make in any sales job is directly related to your productivity, but a recent Nielsen survey found that over 80% of radio account executives felt they were being fairly compensated.
Radio Offers You Professional Growth Opportunity
Consolidation has given sales people in the radio industry more opportunity than ever before. For example, over 70 percent of radio salespeople today sell advertising on more than one station. Because they now represent a wider variety of formats, radio salespeople now have the opportunity to sell to a wider variety of customers. They can also package the stations they represent to achieve more success for their customers.
You will be Respected in the Media Community
In the Nielsen study, well over half of the account executives surveyed said that they feel their peers in the media industry respect them. And why shouldn’t they? Today’s’ radio account executives are accustomed to doing business with the top companies and advertising representatives in town! They also get the opportunity to work with the celebrities as well as local and state officials at station promotions and community events. Successful radio salespeople are a valuable resource to the advertisers in the community.
You’ll Be a Part of a Diverse and Vibrant Industry
Tune up and down the radio dial and you’ll find many different formats, each carefully researched and designed to appeal to a particular segment of listeners. The people you will work with inside those station groups are diverse too. The broadcasting industry is eager to find the best talent, and that talent comes in many different packages!
You’ll Receive Valuable Training
If you do not have experience in radio sales, no problem! Today’s broadcasters understand the value of properly training their employees. As the Nielsen account executive study found, twothirds of today’s radio salespeople who have entered the profession in the past two years say that their first six months of sales training was “good” or “excellent”. But that hasn’t always been the case. Those who have sold radio for 10 years or more verified that. Almost 60 percent of the “old timers” rated their first six months of training as only “fair” or “poor”. Entering the profession in this new era of consolidation ensures that you’ll get the right training and tools to have a successful career as an account executive.
You’ll Put Your Creativity to Work
Selling advertising for a radio station isn’t like selling copiers or cell phones. There’s a lot more creativity that goes into marketing your station and the radio “product”. You won’t simply by selling “air”. You’ll be helping create custom commercial messages that fill airtime. You’ll also learn to schedule the commercials effectively, help in the creation of their content, and work with your customers to develop their entire 360 degree marketing plan that includes onair, digital, social media and onsite promotions. A radio account executive helps turn an intangible product or service into a unique marketing campaign by using his or her-own creativity.
And besides, working in the broadcasting business is hardly like working for a bank or insurance company. Radio is “show biz”. Participating in community events, helping design and execute promotions and working with the on-air personalities at a local radio station add extra spice to a job that is unique from any other industry.
Job Description: Sales Position
- Sell advertising air time on the radio stations and radio station websites to current and potential customers
- Prospect and generate new business
- Learn and understand the radio business and industry
- Work with research tools such as the Nielsen Ratings system
- Prepare and present custom Power Point presentations to customers and potential prospects
- Be an efficient and organized time manager
- Represent Max Media of Denver proudly and professionally to the retail community
- Provide high level of customer service to Max Media of Denver customers
- Create effective promotions
- Create effective and result oriented campaigns for Max Media of Denver clients
- Integrate yourself between all departments within our company
- Take initiative toward solving problems and recommending creative advertising solutions
Attitude and Skill
- Courage, confidence, empathy, enthusiastic, detail oriented, professional, integrity, takes initiative, winning attitude, creative, organized, flexible, outgoing, personable, passionate
- College degree preferred
- Familiarity with the business community in Miami and surrounding area
- Media Sales experience helpful/Sales experience, but not a must
To find out more about a career in radio sales, contact Max Media of Denver’s General Manager, Jeff Norman at Jeff@MaxMediaDenver.com
Max Media of Denver is an equal opportunity employer.