Featured Job Opening: Promotions Director
Max Media is searching for a promotions director to join our winning team in Denver, Colorado. This opportunity allows you to live in one of the best cities in the country, working within a modern, well-equipped, and active broadcast facility, with an award-winning team. At a minimum, but not limited to, this position will include the following:
A true manager who can grow ratings and revenue on two station brands, including KFCO, FLO 107.1 and KJHM, Jammin 101.5. This person must understand and appreciate the Rhythmic and Old School music culture. This person will direct the activities of employees and engage in the planning and execution of marketing, promotions, sales promotion, and imaging campaigns. Bottom line, your number one responsibility will be to plan and execute marketing and promotional campaigns designed to drive ratings and revenue.
Skills and qualifications for this position at a minimum will include the following:
- Oversees the ideation and creation of revenue generating programs and custom solutions for our clients to drive revenue
- Oversees audience growth, project management, scheduling and production of digital and social content for station sites.
- Oversees proper execution of station events, promotional project management, timelines and inventory (ie: promotional calendars / programming promotional mentions)
- Identifies, recruits, coaches and leads department to stay on top of all projects.
- Works directly with Programming and Sales to find marketing and revenue generating opportunities for each station.
- Works directly with local media and community organizations to create mutually beneficial campaigns.
- Oversees creation of marketing campaigns including print, TV, direct mail, outdoor and at work call campaigns
- Special projects as assigned
- Coordinates and attends client meetings with sellers and sales managers as needed to plan events and event logistics.
- Collaborates with multiple departments to create and execute promotions such as remotes, events, van hits and other street team activities from start to finish.
- Drives promotional vehicles.
- Conducts on-site promotions, and handles clients and listeners.
- Sets up and runs audio and other types of equipment; hangs banners and other staging elements.
- Records events (i.e. photos, videos, audio and social media measures for station promotions).
- Sets up, breaks down and transports promotional event equipment as required.
- Prepares contest rules, waivers, and release forms for on air, digital, social media and other contests.
- Supervises prize inventory and in-studio prize sheets as well as awarding of prizes at events.
- May coordinate and oversee on-site appearances, remotes and events.
- May be responsible for all winner prize fulfillment and release forms.
- Must be available evenings and weekends
- Contribute heavily to cluster digital performance by maintaining a talent blog, and executing directives on social media.
- Support Sales Department with proposal creation, information gathering and other sales related materials.
- Attend client meetings as needed.
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to prioritize and effectively manage time.
- High work standards and degree of attention to detail.
- Problem solving and decision making.
- Project management from start to finish; assumes responsibility & accountability for assignments and tasks.
- Actively listens; clearly and effectively conveys information; demonstrates effective business writing skills; shows excellent grasp of grammar.
- Exhibits good interpersonal skills; collaborates with others; maintains composure when faced with difficult situations and personalities.
- Excellent driving record.
- Physical ability to stand for multiple hours and lift or move 40-pound objects.
- Previous On-Air experience.
- Good copy-writing skills.
The ideal candidate is a passionate self-starter, a creative problem solver, motivator and a great collaborator. You’re a true professional with a consistent track record of working cross-functionally to grow revenue and ratings.
This position is hands-on, working fulltime, 40+ hours minimum each week Monday – Friday. Nights and weekends will also be required. This is not a desk job.
Please forward your package to include; resume, a best success story from a promotion designed by you and a 60-second video on why we should hire you:
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Max Media of Denver is an equal opportunity employer
Why Choose a Career in Radio Sales at Max Media of Denver?
Respect, Compensation & Opportunity for growth in a Diverse & Vibrant Industry
Radio Sales Executives Earn Exceptional Compensation
If you like being fairly compensated for your efforts, then radio is a great career to consider. Of course, how much money you make in any sales job is directly related to your productivity, but a recent Nielsen survey found that over 80% of radio account executives felt they were being fairly compensated.
Radio Offers You Professional Growth Opportunity
Consolidation has given sales people in the radio industry more opportunity than ever before. For example, over 70 percent of radio salespeople today sell advertising on more than one station. Because they now represent a wider variety of formats, radio salespeople now have the opportunity to sell to a wider variety of customers. They can also package the stations they represent to achieve more success for their customers.
You will be Respected in the Media Community
In the Nielsen study, well over half of the account executives surveyed said that they feel their peers in the media industry respect them. And why shouldn’t they? Today’s’ radio account executives are accustomed to doing business with the top companies and advertising representatives in town! They also get the opportunity to work with the celebrities as well as local and state officials at station promotions and community events. Successful radio salespeople are a valuable resource to the advertisers in the community.
You’ll Be a Part of a Diverse and Vibrant Industry
Tune up and down the radio dial and you’ll find many different formats, each carefully researched and designed to appeal to a particular segment of listeners. The people you will work with inside those station groups are diverse too. The broadcasting industry is eager to find the best talent, and that talent comes in many different packages!
You’ll Receive Valuable Training
If you do not have experience in radio sales, no problem! Today’s broadcasters understand the value of properly training their employees. As the Nielsen account executive study found, twothirds of today’s radio salespeople who have entered the profession in the past two years say that their first six months of sales training was “good” or “excellent”. But that hasn’t always been the case. Those who have sold radio for 10 years or more verified that. Almost 60 percent of the “old timers” rated their first six months of training as only “fair” or “poor”. Entering the profession in this new era of consolidation ensures that you’ll get the right training and tools to have a successful career as an account executive.
You’ll Put Your Creativity to Work
Selling advertising for a radio station isn’t like selling copiers or cell phones. There’s a lot more creativity that goes into marketing your station and the radio “product”. You won’t simply by selling “air”. You’ll be helping create custom commercial messages that fill airtime. You’ll also learn to schedule the commercials effectively, help in the creation of their content, and work with your customers to develop their entire 360 degree marketing plan that includes onair, digital, social media and onsite promotions. A radio account executive helps turn an intangible product or service into a unique marketing campaign by using his or her-own creativity.
And besides, working in the broadcasting business is hardly like working for a bank or insurance company. Radio is “show biz”. Participating in community events, helping design and execute promotions and working with the on-air personalities at a local radio station add extra spice to a job that is unique from any other industry.
Job Description: Sales Position
- Sell advertising air time on the radio stations and radio station websites to current and potential customers
- Prospect and generate new business
- Learn and understand the radio business and industry
- Work with research tools such as the Nielsen Ratings system
- Prepare and present custom Power Point presentations to customers and potential prospects
- Be an efficient and organized time manager
- Represent Max Media of Denver proudly and professionally to the retail community
- Provide high level of customer service to Max Media of Denver customers
- Create effective promotions
- Create effective and result oriented campaigns for Max Media of Denver clients
- Integrate yourself between all departments within our company
- Take initiative toward solving problems and recommending creative advertising solutions
Attitude and Skill
- Courage, confidence, empathy, enthusiastic, detail oriented, professional, integrity, takes initiative, winning attitude, creative, organized, flexible, outgoing, personable, passionate
- College degree preferred
- Familiarity with the business community in Denver and surrounding area
- Media Sales experience helpful/Sales experience, but not a must
To find out more about a career in radio sales, contact Max Media of Denver’s General Manager, Jeff Norman at Jeff@MaxMediaDenver.com
Max Media of Denver is an equal opportunity employer.